Posted on: December 20 2018
Made with British horseradish and fresh cream, this 13 times award winner boasts strong flavour and heat whilst being the perfect ingredient for creating mouth-watering meals and delectable drinks.
1. Add heat to a midweek meal and swirl a spoonful into creamy mashed potato. Serve with pan-fried steak or mushroom casserole.
2. Looking for an amazing appetiser? Why not dollop on top of miniature roast beef Yorkshire puddings to share with family and friends.
3. To make your teatime terrific, spread a layer on toast with sliced beetroot and smoked trout or eel.
4. Create a super easy supper and stir a spoonful into hot pasta with smoked salmon and asparagus. Make now!
Posted on: December 18 2018
TRACKLEMENTS AND BRITISH CHARCUTERIE – A PERFECT PAIRING
There is something deeply satisfying about a hunk of warm, springy bread, a spread of rich, fruity chutney and a sliver of intense, delectable charcuterie. No surprise then that on tables from Cumbria to Cornwall, Suffolk to Scotland, there’s an explosion of sharing plates featuring artisan British charcuterie with handmade savoury preserves.
These two storecupboard essentials share more than just history and purpose - both have their roots firmly in a time before refrigeration and both were used to preserve the end of summer bounty for the lean winter months ahead. They also share their preserving technique of...
Posted on: November 08 2018
Give your burgers and hotdogs a sweet crunch with this sweetcorn relish recipe. Ideal in both the summer and autumn, this relish also goes well with sandwiches, fish, roasted chicken, a cheese omelette or a pasta salad, so if you really fancy adding a tang to your meals, this is an amazing addition.
Sweetcorn Relish Recipe:
Tracklements Sweetcorn Relish (Makes 6 Jars)
Time (Cooking): 45 minutes
- 1kg sweetcorn kernels, fresh or frozen/tinned
- 300g red pepper, diced to 1/2 cm
- 300g green pepper, diced to 1/2 cm
- 200g onion, diced
- 250g celery, diced
- 450ml cider vinegar
- 350g raw cane sugar
- 30g mustard powder
- 2tsp yellow mustard seeds